(1) Ascertain whether you are called. God never gives the anointing to those He has not specifically called.
(2) Learn to pray DEEP PRAYERS for the anointing.
(3) Desire. Have a deep thirst for the anointing. Seek for the anointing as if your life depends on it.
HOW TO MAINTAIN THE ANOINTING
1. Learn the art of waiting in the presence of God. That way His life rubs off on you. Develop the habit of worshipping God regularly.
Eccl. 8:3 – “Be not hasty to go out of his sight: stand not in an evil thing; for he doeth whatsoever pleaseth him.”
Psalm 27:4 “One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple.”
2. Learn to keep your separation. An unclean man will soon lose the anointing like Samson did.
3. Learn to discipline your thoughts and words. Commit your work to God on a daily basis and let Him give you good thoughts for the day.
Romans 12:1 – 2 “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”
4. Learn to feed your spirit regularly on the word of God. This is most vital. The word breeds anointing. (Prov. 4:20 – 24)
5. Associate with people who are anointed. Iron sharpeneth iron.
6. Learn to respect and honour God-ordained spiritual authority. (I Sam. 26:9 – 11)